Thursday, June 8

To cast a man who is but a shadow of himself

Okay, this is a travesty I cannot keep my mouth shut about. It is terrible, simply terrible.

What, you ask, has got me into such a tizzy? Has my room finally collapsed under the dirt? Have I been forced to acknowledge that I like my brother in public? Did Brad Pitt email me and say that we'll never work out? Did Bella Veronica find out that she will never escape Gen T? Did I possibly score any lower than I could have in my exams?

Nay, there are worse things out there like...

Rumours on the net that they want to cast Vincent Cassel as Gambit.

Righhhhhht. Ok, I give it to him that he's all lithe and wily looking, especially in Ocean's 12, playing human tag with the laser in the museum. I'll even acknowledge, that perhaps, he's cunning enough to pull of Gambit, character wise.

But may I remind you, Gambit looks like this. Remy LeBeau ( His name just rolls of your tongue. Remy LeBeau. Remy LeBeauuuuuu ) is a guy who is sleek, powerful and sensuous. He doesn't throw cards, he flicks his hand. This guy is a BAD GUY personified - mysterious, smooth and composed with a constant smirk playing about his mouth.


And Cassel looks like this.



SERIOUSLY!! Bad picture or not, I cannot imagine him swinging by in his trench coat, flipping his cards with precise speed and precision, with a smirk upon his lips, conquering women's hearts all over the world. He's good to play Gambit as I am going to ever be a mathematician.



Other supposed favourites are




Scott Speedman : the guy from Felicity.
Umm right, I can see him in a trench coat, yup. Flipping cards, yup. But not as Gambit. His face is all wrong, too nice and soft. Too Mr-Nice guy. None of that stark torture tormenting his soul face






Harry Connick Jr : guy from nothing I can really recall

Umm. RIGHHHHHHHT. This requires no explanation. Nada. Zilch.


A few others like this guy called Norman Reedus, who had a role in Blade 2 ( yup the movie, where Ryan Reynolds should have just shut up other than his witty one liners) and get this, Jason David Frank.

Who is he?
Remember Power rangers..?

Hold on, it gets a bit worse,
remember WHITE RANGER?

Hold on, it gets a tad worse,
he runs his own karate school Rising Sun Karate. I'm sorry, I really don't mean to make fun of him because his karate school is one of the top 10 schools in the States so he's some big hoochie.

But how am I supposed to take him seriously, when his welcoming message says "What are you waiting for?"and one of his instructors look like this.

( I know, bad picture bad picture but should you NOT HAVE TAKEN IT DOWN. 3 years is a long time to forget something like this. DO YOU EVEN CALL THAT A FIST? Even BryanBoy could come up with something better and you don't get flaming gay any more than him. )

I know, this has nothing much to do with Gambit, Oh wait, it does. White Ranger = Gambit. OVER MY DEAD BODY. (and a few others, I hope). I know we all had a love-hate relationship with Power Rangers but admit it, they were but a poor substitute for Transformers (and I don't even like Transformers that much. hold the hailstones, I admit its a crime.) but even if my reasoning is not sound, it is my duty to comment upon stupid things. Like having an instructor that looks like Taylor ( of AI 5 fame) with specs.

But I digress..

So far, the hot contender is (*edit: If I am not mistaken, I think I read somewhere he might have got the role... YAY!)


Jonathan Rhys Meyers : Guy from Gormenghast, Velvet Goldmine and Bend it Like Beckham

Now, YOU'RE TALKING! Barring the fact, that I have loved this fellow since I was 14, he's perfect. He has the bearing, the cheekbones, the tortured soul look, a bit on the thin side for Gambit, but nothing a little weight training will not solve. Even then, he'd be graceful, leaping about, flicking his cards complete with the disdainful look upon his face. *ooo*


And if you fail to see what I mean....

Really, need I say more?

No comments: