Saturday, August 21

"She gave me for my pain a world of sighs"
Othello

Funny, right now it seems as though everybody is giving sighs for a world of pain.
Shakespeare was a helluva smart guy when he said "All the world's a stage"(As You Like It)

Talking on the phone earlier, the irony just kept coming back to me. Its not even double irony, its dramatic irony. I was laughing so hard. The world's a funny little place. So perverse. So VERY perverse.

woebegone.frustrated.empathy.apathy.sympathy.
superior.unhappy.commiseration.tenderness.
marvelling.vulnerable.anger.rage.annoyed.irritated.
pity.sad.helpless. bewildered.muddled.floored.
mystified.confused.wondering.pondering.

All suckered and tuckered up. oh yeah.

Is it learning how to deal with human complexity and consequently learning how to be mature? Or we already mature and are learning how to deal with human simplicity? Its a matter of choice? To take the rose-coloured ones or the jaded emerlad ones?

Di once said that she wished that she could remove the mask and be who we truly are. But what happens if the mask is embedded so deep, you no longer no who you are. Or worse still, no longer knowing but thinking you do but completely unaware that the parasite has taken over you. You think you can rip it out when you want to but you can't because its clawed into you.

Should read more Girl Interrupted. Its good for your soul. Cleansing it, making it whole and unblemished. Someone recommanded Prozac Nation. If it's anything like GI, I should be in very good hands indeed.
Very good hands

So you think. I'm right after all. I'm just preparing my self for the world out there. But there's some sort of self doubt niggling that's screaming, "What if it IS made up of blue skies and green meadows. You just wasted your time."

I guess then the laugh's on you. undoubtedly. Because you thought you had a guarentee. You were sorely mistaken and now its too late. becuase what's done IS done. Why do you think they sing " If only I could turn back time"

Guarentee for protection from afflictions in life is like asking the Mafia to protect you from their hitmen.

Our Lady Peace - 4 a.m.
And if I don't make it known that
I've loved you all along
just like sunny days that
we ignore because
we're all dumb & jaded
and I hope to God I figure out
what's wrong


And you thought you won.

It's just a parody. All of this is. Don't you get it? {insert laugh track}

It IS funny. You just don't get it.

{insert laugh track}
That's why everyone else is laughing.


No comments: