Sunday, August 7

in search of good english

Just finished reading Harry Potter at the expense of my law notes.

And it is defintely poignant. Slightly hurried but you're left with this deep aftertaste. It was like watching born in brothels. You feel empathy and grief while experiencing detachment. In the case of HP, it was knowing it is unreal but yet unable to stop feeling that it is happening somewhere. Born in brothels was more of having a sense of unrealism attached to the whole movie despite knowing that it is very much real. Opposites. But so very much the same.

That is the power of true talent.


Update

(I have decided to write paragraphs instead of lists. Somehow, it seems more legal related. )
Orientation is officially over and ok la, it was the over imaginative and jump-to-conclusions self of mine that was at home that day. It was not that BAD. It could have been better but it was not that horrible. Perhaps, *said in a teeny tiny voice*, I was not as receptive as I could have been. Well, I had fun on Thursday, which was Fright Night and crap scary. Serious, no crap. Everything was excellent and perhaps my partner and I (YAY ! for proper grammatical usage) could have screamed but nah, we were (too) two brave huns! haha. Everything was good, from the acting all the way to location. Hahah, it did help that YF and I had our funny moments. like
Funny moment
Yf and I were supposed to save this "sucidal couple" and as plots go, we were too late. Anyway, we were supposed to light some candles, as directed by some underworld fella and when we did, supposedly the dead couple will possess our souls and hence, we had to get out of the room as soon as possible. So there we are, mortally afraid, turning the doorknob within an inch of our lives, with "spirits"closing on us
when the
.
.
.
.
.
.
doorknob fell apart in our hands.
A resonanat " Oh fuck" was heard and "er just drop it" was heard as the door miraculously opened.
I think we left Them scarred instead. ahhahahah. The giggling definitely did not help.
A shoutout to the other OGs, we're sorry *giggle*
Well, the stayover was fab too. The remaing three of my OG mates conked out the minute my OGL and I went out to talk on the phone. It was actually kind of fantastic as the bridge cards were left undisturbed and untouched. Real skill. Must have been the army. I respect NS slightly now.
After that, I dragged coerced geet to go to central Lib in search of sustenance. We ended up taking a photo in those lil' phot booths. I must say we looked completely wonderful for 5 am awakers. I shall post it once geet gives it back :)

okay talking on MSN, so all this wonderful one sided chit chat must stopa s i concentrate on 2 way chit chat.

No comments: